- Meet the President
- Governing Board
- Who Here Can Help You
- Mission & Values
- Our History
- Facts and Recent Accomplishments
- Partner Organizations
- Community vs. Private Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Helping You Help Others Since 1921
The Dayton Foundation, the region's largest community foundation, has been helping you help others locally and around the world since 1921.
We provide unmatched services, resources, support and counsel to help individuals achieve their charitable giving goals; we assist other nonprofits by funding important initiatives and offering our expertise to help them operate more effectively; and we’re helping build a better community by identifying important issues and bringing together the people and organizations who can solve them.
Whether you are an individual, financial advisor, nonprofit organization or someone wanting to make a difference, The Dayton Foundation can help you help others. Here's how:
- Support What’s Important to You »
- Learn How We’re Making an Impact on our Community »
- Let Us Help You Craft Charitable Solutions for Your Clients »
- Apply for a Grant or access a variety of services to help strengthen your local nonprofit organizations.
The Dayton Foundation at a Glance
(as of June 30, 2017)
- more than 16,400 grants totaling $46.5 million from all funds
- $60.8 million in new contributions
- $541 million in assets
- More than 3,500 funds
Read more about the Foundation’s facts and recent accomplishments.
Got a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
IN HER WORDS
“I think the world of Mike Parks and the staff of The Dayton Foundation, and I know that they will use our fund’s charitable dollars wisely. I’m so glad to be doing this for the community that was so good to my husband, Harry, and me.” – Virginia B. Toulmin, who passed away in 2010 and who will be long remembered as a treasured Dayton Foundation donor